With harvest time right around the corner, here are a few quick tips to stay safe this fall:
- Be alert and listen for any unusual noises while running equipment – it may indicate a mechanical problem.
- Always make sure all equipment shields and guards are in place.
- Be aware that after a light rain, red-dog/bee’s wings and grain dust will make floors, ladder rungs, and pit grates extremely slippery.
- Be extra cautious while driving around high-traffic elevators – watch out for employees and other vehicles.
- Be watchful when dumping grain trucks at the elevator, keep an extra eye out for employees working in the dump pit.
- Be well rested – get a good night’s sleep – don’t stay out all night. Fatigue can lead to poor decisions and slow reactions, resulting in accidents and injuries.