Luckey Farmers, Inc., a grain marketing, and farm supply cooperative located in Northwest Ohio, seeks a Director of Agronomy. The Director of Agronomy is responsible for the Luckey Farmers Agronomy division along with the strategic growth initiatives of our Agronomy Business. Candidate must possess a thorough understanding of pricing, forecasting, operational controls, and planning.
- Give overall purpose and business vision to the entire agronomy sales and operational staff to ensure everyone understands the cooperatives objective vision.
- Work with the sales manager, seed manager and operations managers to establish the overall agronomy budget with emphasis on sales volumes and gross margin.
- Negotiate and purchase of crop nutrients, crop protection and seed for all business units from manufacturers and suppliers.
- Develop a growing season supply plan for crop nutrients, crop protection and seed.
- Monitor inventories.
- Evaluate each growing season looking for improvements and best practices. • Monitor markets to properly position products to take advantage of market opportunities at acceptable risk levels.
- Establish market pricing for crop protection, crop nutrients and seed along with service rates for all business unit locations
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity in developing and maintaining professional relationships as a company representative in various internal and external industry groups, committees and/or events.
- Champion and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Direct supervision of the agronomy operations managers and agronomy sales manager with direct line reporting.
- Understanding of manufacturer marketing programs and rebates.
- Coordinate with the logistics department to ensure product delivery occurs on schedule.
- Works alongside the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments to monitor costs, pricing and invoicing issues as they arise.
- Proven ability to lead and work with a team.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office. Strong Excel expertise preferred.
- A positive and optimistic approach to your work.
- Strong situational analysis and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking ability
- Flexibility and adaptability
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: • Follows Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures as they apply.
- Supports and contributes to the total company goals and objectives through collaboration efforts.
- Maintains the appropriate professional image.
WORK ENVIRONMENT ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Ability to work in a typical office environment.
- Ability to work extended hours and on-call as business conditions warrant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agriculture, Science, or related field of study or 10+ years of related work experience.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience/management experience
Luckey Farmers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the experience and responsibility requirements. Excellent employee environment with a competitive benefits package including:
- Healthcare including, medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Life Insurance
Luckey Farmers is an equal opportunity employer.
If you wish to apply, please send a resume to Julie Myers by email at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Julie at 419-849-2711, x1113.