Luckey Farmers, Inc. seeks a full-time Agronomist. A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in agronomy, or equivalent experience is preferred. Ideal Candidates will have 3+ years of experience in Agronomy work and experience with on-farm selling. The right candidate will demonstrate proficiency in all agronomy-related matters such as weed/insect identification and control, chemicals, plant nutrient/fertilizer, plant growth and any other agronomic related topic.
Qualified candidates should have an interest in agriculture and the desire to help educate local farmers of the benefits of the Luckey Farmers’ Gro-Mor brand seed products and other products that Luckey Farmers offers. Previous experiences working with seed, chemical, and fertilizer is required. Proficiency in computer skills including the use of Microsoft Excel and Word are preferred. Working knowledge in agronomy software, specifically AgWorld would be beneficial but not required.
Candidates must demonstrate strong interpersonal and technical skills to drive on-farm sales and customer relationship success. They should have the desire to quickly establish relationships and credibility with agronomy Luckey Farmers agronomy patrons and perspective customers. They will spend time on the farm as well as in the office working with members, prospective customers, and coworkers.
- Generate multiple sales and service contacts with assigned growers and members- both current and prospective
- Create demand for Luckey Farmers products throughout the year
- Serve as the primary point of contact for agronomic questions and concerns
- Scout crop fields frequently for current and prospective customers ensuring that patrons are informed on a timely basis
- Provide recommendations to growers in the areas of fertilizing, weed/pest control and management, planting, or any other general agronomy-related topic
- Calling on growers to not only grow Luckey Farmers business with that grower but to more importantly provide consulting and customer service relating to ANY agronomic issue
- Have or be willing to obtain a CCA licensure within one year of employment
- Participating in customer field meetings and cooperative product trials
- Providing education at customer agronomy events
- Delivering Luckey Farmers’ crop planning services
- Maintaining good relationships with key crop input suppliers
Luckey Farmers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the experience and responsibility requirements. Excellent employee environment with a competitive benefits package including:
- Company Vehicle
- Healthcare including, medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Life Insurance
If you wish to apply, please send a resume to Julie Myers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 800-589-9711.